June 12, 2014

Damaged people

I'm doing a study with OBS with Proverbs 31 ministries and we're reading a book called the Limitless Life by Derwin Gray. This week's reading really has been wonderful because GOD in his love and mercy just showed me more of himself. I am sometimes amazed on how the Father shows his love to me.

Something that I am is a mess. Life is a mess. There are things in my past that well are messy and have been painful. Well they are still painful. Then in this week's reading really resonated with me when it said, " damaged people attract the heart of GOD". Boy do I feel damaged. Things happened to me as a child that should never have happened. I have made decisions that I didn't consult the LORD about and those consequences are still apart of my life to this day. I feel broken yet GOD sees me as his child, deeply loved. Life has been hard but it has for so many people that I know. Cause life is hard. Its full of stuff that could break you. Over the last few years have been hard for me. Loss, loss, and more loss. And I realize thorough the proding of the Holy Spirit in my life that I've been focused on that pain way too long. Its time to refocus. But I can't do this without him. He is the very breath that I breath but through him he makes all things beautiful in his time. When I look at myself, i see a messed up person. Yet when GOD looks at me he sees his beautiful daughter.. I love the prayer at the end of this chapter that is my prayer which says, " I am thankful that on the cross you took my damages and shame", I choose to worship you by seeing and believing that I am your trophy of grace:..


Isaiah 61: 1-3, " The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,  because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,  to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,  to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor  and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,  and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise  instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness,  a planting of the Lord   for the display of his splendor.

4 comments:

Mary B said...

Hugs to you! Thank you for sharing from your heart! :)

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful and as I was reading I thought of Isaiah 61 and then I got to the bottom and saw that you had posted it. I also thought of Revelation 12:21 They overcame him by the blood of the lamb and the word of their testimony

You keep sharing what Jesus has done for you and what he has brought you through sweet girl!

Melissa S Proverbs 31 Ministries OBS Team

Bethany Boring said...

You are loved way beyond your past, present and future. God has a plan for you Laura and so glad He has allowed us to cross paths and journey a bit together. Love your heart! Love your truth. Keep writing!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing...love your verse at the end from Isaiah...