The Scripture for this week in my study for Made to Crave is from 1 Peter 5: 7-8a. This week I focused on it from the message translation. It says, 1 Peter 5:7-11(The Message) So be content with who you are, and don’t put on airs. God’s strong hand is on you; he’ll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you. Keep a cool head. Stay alert. The Devil is poised to pounce, and would like nothing better than to catch you napping. Keep your guard up. You’re not the only ones plunged into these hard times. It’s the same with Christians all over the world. So keep a firm grip on the faith. The suffering won’t last forever. It won’t be long before this generous God who has great plans for us in Christ—eternal and glorious plans they are!—will have you put together and on your feet for good. He gets the last word; yes, he does!
My focus for this study is craving GOD more than food. And this scripture hit me right in the heart to be honest. Something that the LORD has impressed upon my heart is the thought of contentment. There have been many situations in my life that have been hard from abuse and just some hard life stuff. It would be easy for me to blame those situations that could be the reason I am like I am but No MORE excuses( thank you Melissa and Nikki)! Contentment is being at peace where GOD has you meaning me. And that is hard. At this time in my life I'm going thorough some hard stuff. My mom passed away on May 11, 2013. And I've been living in that grief since that time. There are days that its just hard to even get up and there are days that I stay in my pj's cause its just too hard to do anything else. Yet this week, when I read be content with you are just hit me in my heart. Who I am right now I don't like but then I was reminded that who I am is a child of GOD, loved child of GOD, holy, blameless. So GOD spoke into my heart and I felt that he pressed this upon my heart stop focusing on the situations you don't like, you aren't identified with that but my identity and who I really am is in Jesus Christ!
Being content is knowing who you are and whose you are! Wow! So during this struggle of loving food more than GOD and learning the relase of that...I am learning to be content at this stage of my life. To be honest, its so hard. This week( like yesterday) , I was just overcome with the love that GOD has for me and how he is using this for his glory. So that I'd crave him more than anything else. It also says in this scripture to stay alert because more than anything Satan would like to just pounce on us because GOD is doing something BIG in my life. And I've felt that the last few weeks. Yet at the end of this scripture it says GOD WHO HAS GREAT PLANS FOR US IN CHRIST ETERNAL AND GLORIOUS PLANS WILL HAVE YOU PUT TOGETHER AND ON YOUR FEET FOR GOOD! So all this struggle of wanting food more than GOD and making unhealthy food choices GOD is using for his glory. When this journey is over I know that I won't be the same person that I once was. GOD is doing something big in my heart. So I'm focused on being content of who and whose I am, no need to pretend something that I'm not, and get this GOD's strong hand is on me. So I will continue to trust GOD when it gets hard and when the lies of the evil one I will replace with the truth of GOD's word. Pressing on for his glory!!
5 comments:
TRUST!!!! I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. You can do this, I believe in you! :) Hugs my friend! Thanks for sharing another wonderful message for us! Mary B. OBS leadership team
"Being content is knowing who you are and whose you are! Wow!"
Yes! God IS doing something BIG in your life! Glad to be with you on this journey of glorifying God. With His help we can do this!
Thanks for sharing your heart. ♥
Laura - I love that you recognize the excuses for what they are. Practicing contentment right next to you! Thank you for sharing these thoughts with us today.
:) Missy (Blog Hop Team)
SO glad I had a chance to read your blog today!!! Your journey is so incredible. I'm so glad to have you - a blessed child of God - as a friend! Great post!!!
I think focusing on contentment is a fantastic idea! Thank you for sharing the Message version of our verse this week. I need to start looking at lots of different translations of our verses. It really helps to understand them more. 1 Peter 5:7 is one of my favorite verses- I have major anxiety issues. It is one of the few verses I know by heart. Press on, sister!
Post a Comment