January 23, 2014

Permessible But not beneficial


 

In Christ there is great freedom. But with that freedom comes responsibility. As a Christian GOD has overcome great things in my life yet this struggle with food still has a hold on my heart and life. In 1 corinthians 6:12 it says, “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything". This is something that really hit me in the heart this week. My struggle with over-eating is what has lead me to be at the weight I am today. A few weeks ago before Christmas I weighed myself and I realized that I was at the same weight my mom was before she passed away. My mom was chronically ill for years and I know that her health was greatly caused by her obesity. I am at that place myself and to be honest it brought me to my knees. However I can’t stay there. Its time to get busy and take action. However this is something that I can’t do in my own strength. I have tried to overcome this in my own strength and power and what has happened is that I’ve gained 20-30 pound each year for the last 10 years or so. I have a head knowledge of what to do but its my heart that has been divided. This week has been one of my eyes opening up of the hold that food has over my life. To be honest, I've been on my knees and it great despair because it hits me of drained that this love has cost me. So again I place my hand in my Abba's hand and going to him to fill every place in my heart. I'm not there but I'm on a journey to wholeness in him alone!
Even though in Christ I am free to eat whatever I want because GOD has set me free its not for my good to overeat and consume high fat, sugars, and just eating an unhealthy diet. And I have been doing this my whole life. The reason is simple I’ve been going to food than GOD. However that pull is lessening because of what GOD is doing within my heart. I’m not there and not sure when this journey will be complete but what I do know is this…GOD is still working on me and my focus is him and having him total LORDSHIP of every area of my heart. Scary? Yes but in the end it will be worth the journey. Freedom in and through CHIRST is everything. I love him so and so thankful for my sisters in Christ who are with me on this journey!!

2 comments:

Mary B said...

Laura Girl, you know I love you! You are going to make it this time, God is on our side! I believe in you! Thank you for sharing this so your journey can inspire others! You are a gift from God to this world and HE loves you too! :)
Mary Bankert obs leadership team

Lauren said...

"I have a head knowledge but my heart is divided."- Yes, yes, yes. How true is that for so many of us? I know what to do... but stepping out and doing it is a whole other story. Praying for you as you continue on this journey!
Lauren, P31 OBS blog hop team