December 12, 2013

Enough

This week I am finishing up a bible study by Renee Swope called a Confident heart with Proverbs 31-OBS. This study has been wonderful. When this study began I was in such emotional pain of loosing my mama who passed away on May 11, 2013. The grief and pain of my heart was so great. There were so many days that I just didn't know if I could make another day.  But GOD in his grace and mercy brought about a group of ladies in my #44 OBS group and this group has been so encouraging to my faith. Just had to give a shout out to my group and my leader, Mary Bankert!

My #enough statements for this study are....

1) I suffered much emotional, physical, and sexual abuse during my childhood which affected my emotional wellbeing but only thru Jesus Christ am I whole! He is enough for me! He heals those empty places that life has tried to destroy but Jesus Christ is my Conqueror! I am not there but GOD in his mercy is healing my broken heart. What Satan tried to destroy me, GOD is using the pain of my childhood for his glory. It wasn't his plan for me to have such pain to deal with but GOD is using that to help other women in similar situations that GOD is simply enough.

2) Often I feel that I'm not enough as a sister, daughter, friend but thru Christ is my only identity and thru him am I enough. He heals those broken places. I'm struggling that the pain of loosing my mama and that place that feels so open since her home-going but Jesus is enough and all I need to fill those empty places. I miss my mama and to be honest there are days that the loss of my mama is so vast but GOD is enough to heal my broken heart. So when Satan tries to tell me that I'm not enough and I'll never measure up. And I'll just say Oh I know I'll never measure up but thru Jesus Christ I am enough. Thru him I am whole.

So whatever life hands my way I can honestly say that HE IS enough. He is and always will be my strength. I love you LORD. And I thank you for the ladies in this group and online that we are on a journey to becoming what you would have us me. Confident woman for your honor and glory. LORD Jesus, we love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your #Enough statements. Prayers for you as your continue your journey as a confident woman in Christ!
Blessings, Mary!

StandingOnGodsPromises said...

Thank you for sharing your journey. I agree with you.. Yes, He is enough! May God continue to bless you.
Denise Collins
OBS Facebook Group Leader

StandingOnGodsPromises said...

Thank you for sharing. I agree with you He is enough. God Bless You!
Denise Collins
OBS Facebook Group Leader