January 16, 2014

My favorite Scripture

I'm doing a bible study called made to crave with Proverbs 31 OBS. This week's blog I choose to write about is my favorite scripture and what it means to me. In the last few years I would have to say that it would be Isaiah 43: 1-2, " But now, this is what the Lord says— he who created you, Jacob,  he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;  I have summoned you by name; you are mine.  When you pass through the waters,  I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers,  they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire,  you will not be burned;  the flames will not set you ablaze.

The reason this verse means so much to me is that the LORD and I have gone through some really tough stuff not just life but just some difficult things. I have wondered many times during these hardships from the death of those that I love, the abuse of my childhood, and just some hard stuff in how could GOD redeem such evil? Now I'm not talking about death per say cause when its your time its your time and if you are a Christian then its really a blessing! But for me GOD is showing me how he has redeem and will redeem some evil things that happened to me. He used it in my life to draw me closer to him. Satan may have thought that it was for evil but GOD has used it for me good. It wasn't his plan for this evil to happen to me but I believe in my very being that GOD used and is using it for his glory! Presently, I am walking through the valley of loosing my mom. There are days that I just can't even get my body out of bed. I have often thought these last 8 months since my mom passed that this is going to kill me. I have had thoughts of why the struggle and I just wanted to give up. Just being real here....Yet this verse has remained strong in my heart and its really engraved there. So I hold on to the promise of that these waters won't drown me and even though walking through this present " fire" I won't be burned. I think about in Daniel chapter 3, that Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego refused the king's edict to bow to his idol, and continued to worship God. As a result, they were thrown into a fiery furnace heated seven times hotter than normal. But God delivered them so completely from this ordeal that they didn't even smell like smoke! He even showed up with them in the fire! This is such encouragement to me. I'm still struggling and I'm not there at all but GOD is doing his thing in my heart. Its a daily thing where I have to meet with him and being with my heavenly Father is so important to me.

Thank you Proverbs 31 OBS for your ministry! Hope to see my sisters in Christ as we embark on this new study Made to Crave! God has big things in store for us!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your verses. I am excited to see where this journey of Made to Crave will take us all! So glad you are going to be joining us on this journey.~~Marlene OBS Small group leader