I'm trying to blog more and since doing so it has been very liberating. Its not really for anyone in particular why I blog but I started blogging back in 2007 as I way to express my feelings and its a way to put into words what is on my heart or what GOD is doing in my heart.
I read many blogs of people that I've "met" and their story is quite inspiring. However when I think about my story I think that its boring cause I think its not interesting but my story is GOD's story. And its still being written. My journey with Christ began when I was a young teen. I grew up in church and for that I am so thankful. I went to youth camp and I remember the year I accepted Jesus Christ as my LORD and Saviour. I was 14 years old. I recommitted my life to Christ in 2001. To say that its been " smooth sailing" would be a lie but my journey with Christ has been one of highs and lows and I know that is true for many of us. Right now to be honest is one of the lowest times in my life. I wish that it was different but loosing my Mama has been something so hard on so many levels. Also on another personal issue GOD is peeling back layers that I thought we're peeled back enough if you know what I mean. GOD has a way of reminding me that some things in life need to be dealt with and without going into many details right now. He's doing that. Yet even as it has been so hard GOD's peace has surrounded my life in more ways that I can ever adequately explain. At night when I am about to close my eyes my mind usually goes to my mom. Its when I finally slow down that the grief that my mama is gone hits so hard and its during these times that I cry out to the LORD. That is the way its supposed to be. I grieve though that it breaks my heart that this situation has brought me to my knees. I had prayed a few months ago that GOD would really align my heart for his. I've gone thorough some really difficult situations that I had just tuned out. I was going through the motions but my heart really wasn't it in. Now I'm at a place that I'm very tender to the LORD and his work in my life. I realize that this season of my heart-broken heart isn't forever and my prayer is that when this season of life has passed that not only am I not the same but that my heart is tender toward the LORD. I don't ever want to get over what GOD does in my life as I stay connected to his word and prayer.
Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit." Jeremiah 17:7-8 (ESV)
No comments:
Post a Comment