Its been over a month since the passing of my mom and the last month has been harder than I ever could imagine. I have thought of many things about my mom since she passed away. How do you go on when someone you love has passed on. The truth is that life goes on but you are really never the same. You love them and always will but what I'm learning is a new normal. My mom and I walked thru some really difficult times and some of that is private and personal. What has held me during these days and will continue is my faith in the LORD JESUS Christ. Not in friendships of which I am so grateful for but God's peace in the midst of this very difficult valley that I'm presently walking in. When you grieve you can try to by-pass it but for me GOD has called me to walk thru this valley. So many scriptures have been given to me yet one of my favorite scriptures is from Isaiah 43:1-2 which says, "
But now, this is what the Lord says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
To be honest after the initial passing of my mom I was simply afraid. I have dealt with anxiety and depression for a long time. Its been my thorn in the flesh because of just some life experiences. However this fear and anxiety is something that has hit me at the very core. However a promise that GOD has given me is his redemption. He will redeem this. He will, his word says so. How will this and just life and its hardships be redeemed in my life? To be honest, I have no idea. But what I know and believe is this. That I am God's child, he is mine. He has called me by name. With whatever I go thru GOD is with me and within me. That truth is totally amazing. I have been a Christian for a long time yet in these times of hardships and trying to go on with life to know that in the depth of my pain that GOD is here. He has never left my side. I have been unfaithful to him in times past. Yet he has always been faithful. No matter what comes in life it won't overturn me, I won't be burned. I will never be the same. I may be different because of this but GOD is working all this out for his good and his glory. Oh praise him. I love you LORD. I am yours.
No comments:
Post a Comment