July 31, 2013

With ALL my heart


I'm starting a bible study with an online group of women soon with Proverbs 31 ministries. The study is by Lysa TerKeurst and its called when Women say Yes to GOD. This is our 1st week and its already amazing. Its life changing. Why you ask? Because its GOD and his word. Its his word that is the balm for my weary heart. Its him who I go to when I need him but more recently just re-learning the lesson of just basking in his presence just for who he is. There are so many things in my walk with Christ that I desire. Those things include being authentic, having the faith to just trust him no matter what is going on around me. The list is quite long and overwhelming at times. To be honest, I just need him. Its for this reason that there are times that I just can't sleep. I am tossing and turning and just wondering why. And some of the sweetest times has been just me and the LORD in the early morning with me in his word, my coffee, and its been such a sweet time. There are so many things that call for our attention as women from our families, friends, children, and just plain life calls for our focus. Something that really caught my attention in the reading was this, " you simply have to surrender all that's clamoring for attention in your heart with the answer GOD is longing to hear spill from your lips, " YES GOD". Finally a simply prayer that Lysa wrote in this first chapter was this.....GOD, I want to see you. GOD I want to hear you, GOD I want to know you. GOD, I want to follow hard after you. And even before I know what I will face today, I say yes to you. This is my prayer and I pray that it will continue to be. My mind goes to the song I remember as a youth, LORD I'm keeping my eyes on you, following you, following you my LORD. LORD I'm keeping my eyes on you, following you, following you my LORD. I won't look to the left or right, my only goal is keeping you in my sight.  LORD, I'm keeping my eyes on you and I'm following you, following you....


The focus verse for this week is Deuteronomy 6:5(NLT)
 

 And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength.

No comments: