I'm starting something new. I have to be honest here. In the last 8 months I have gained 25 pounds. I was on a wt loss program and it worked as long as I followed it but I got lazy and tired of it. So here I go. I am back on track but I know within my heart that something has to change. For me, food is what I go to for comfort or for whatever reason. I am re-reading a book called Made to Crave. There is a DVD that goes with it however I'm going to just read and search for what the LORD wants for ME to know. I'm back on my program but for me the struggle is just letting the LORD fill me and not food. I don't like the weight I am physically but spiritually things are not where they should be. So right now that is my journey. I ask for your prayers as I every minute seek the LORD and have him fill me instead of anything else but him.
As it says in Proverbs 3:5-6, " Trust in the LORD with all thy heart and lean not unto thy own understanding but in all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your paths". When I think of the word trust my mind goes to total confidence in something. Its not something that you really think about. So when I put something in my mouth that is not good for me what is my trust in? Is it in myself or what i think that one bite of whatever will bring me? Now just because you eat choclate or whatever doesn't make it bad but for me its about self-control and right now I don't posess that. So for now that is all..I have alot to ponder and I'm excited of what GOD is going to do on this journey.
Still seeking him,
Laura
1 comment:
so glad you 'friended' me today!! Enjoy your day in a big way and I'm praying for you to crave more of Him. :)
Post a Comment