I'm in my 3rd week of doing a bible study by Mary Kassian. The study is called the names of GOD by Mary Kassain..i'm redoing the Daniel study by Beth Moore with a friend of mine's church...This week I studied about the character names of GOD. The 1st day was El Hakkadosh.. the Holy GOD, Rav-Chesed which means abounding in love; Rachum Ve-Chanum meaning merciful and gracious, Emet Elohim Emet-faithful and true, Higdil Tushiyyah meaning excellent in wisdom.
This study has been just awesome..I know that when I am called Laura Anne that its someone who knows me for a long time and if I get called Laura Belle it brings about such love to my heart. The reason for that is that what my Aunt Junie called me since I was a little girl. Now those who know me well call me that. This past few weeks learning about the names of GOD have been great for his names are teaching me about him. The 1st week was about the diety of GOD. I know that I've heard the name Yahweh which means the LORD-I am who I am! I learned that week of who GOD is..What he is teaching me not just head knowledge but may these truths go to my heart as I seek him every day.
Dueteronomy 10:17, " For the LORD your GOD is GOD of gods and LORD of lords the great, the mighty, and the awesome GOD.
2 comments:
How cool is it that I'm doing Beth Moore's Daniel study as well. I enjoyed your post and am going to print it because I often think about all the names of God and get stuck trying to remember them. Thanks for sharing.
P.S. My link to your blog isn't functioning correctly. It shows that I'm following you, but then there's some kind of issue. I might have to undo and redo. :-)
I love His name - Jehovah Shalom: Prince of Peace. It brings such comfort to my soul.
Post a Comment