January 29, 2011

Why I blog

I so love this community of Christian bloggers! I started my blog back in 2007 as a record of my own journey of faith with the LORD. I have met so many special bloggers thorough Beth's blog and other's as well. These people have encouraged me in my faith and just have been such an inspiration to me. However I don't blog because its the " in" thing to do but because I love to be able to write down my thoughts and this is something that I just want to do. I don't do it for recognition and I don't even think many people even read my blog and that is fine with me..Right now this season of my life is good yet its hard. I have dealt with my weight for some time now. That is the problem though..its been me trying to deal with it. GOD is teaching me that I have to give it all to him..let him fight the battle and to trust him no matter of how I am feeling. The last few days for me have been hard for I've been more aware of how that I go to food to fill me up instead of the LORD. I have been a Christian for many years and the LORD is really using this season of my life to just trust him. Simply that is what he wants me to do. My memory verse for these two weeks has really ministered to my heart for it says..Ps 91:1-2,"Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High; will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” This truth he is my refuge means the world to me for this world is so hard and mean. Knowing that my refuge is the LORD encourages me beyond words. Sometimes really knowing the truth not just in word but it really getting to the heart of the matter is what its all about. And for now that is all I have to say...Excited of his continued work in me..

3 comments:

Me said...

I started blogging this summer. I love your blog. I am always blessed and encouraged when I find fellow christian bloggers. You can check out my blog anytime. Angelina's Adventures In Losing Weight

KEE said...

I'm so glad you are continuing your journey with God and sharing it all here. You are inspirational.

It was so nice to see a comment from you. I took a little time off but feeling the urge to blog again.
Blessings my sweet friend,

UL Cards Fan said...

Love reading your thoughts Laura.