January 16, 2011

What I'm craving!

For anyone who knows me of my issue with food. Its been up and down mostly up over the last few months..I am being really honest in this post. Its not cause I want to but its what I must do. I've started reading this book by Lysa Terkeurst caled Made to Crave. It has only resonated with me. It hasn't been an easy read but I've cried to the LORD about my LOVE for food when I should have this desire for food. I think about food all the time, what will I eat next, and so on. However GOD is changing my " want-to". I am not there but GOD is doing a new thang in my heart. That is why the Scripture I'm memorizing means so much to me..Psalm 91:1-2..Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High; will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”. I know for myself I have gone to food for comfort and to essentially fill that place in the deepest of my soul that GOD alone is to fill. So that is where I am at tonight, craving him, wanting more of him, and tired of going to food to fill that place that GOD is to fill. Thankful for this season of my life. Its not easy but I know that GOD has used this to grow me closer to him and that is my deepest desire.

3 comments:

Nellie Dee said...

Every once in a while I push the next blog button and come up with a friend. At first I thought I was still on my blog. (The template is the same.) We seem to be on similar paths. I love it. I'm going to follow you. I am at www.profitableprose.blogspot.com if you are interested. Have a wonderful day. He is with you indeed.

Laura said...

Thanks for visiting my blog...I'll be visiting yours soon..The reason I have my comments modereated is that I've had some nasty comments made....Thanks! Keep up blogging..

As I seek him,
Laura

Me said...

I am on a journey to be free from my desire of food too. My blog is called Angelina's Adventure in Losing Weight. I love your blog and could see myself in your heartfelt words. Thanks for sharing.