I haven't blogged in a few weeks and well things have been busy in my life. My grandma has been ill and I've been busy with just what you call LIFE. I'm doing Breaking Free Bible study by Beth Moore-the updated version. I did the orginal one back in 2007. It was a year after my Aunt June passed away. I was reading over the orginal study today and I was reminded of how far GOD and I have come and well how I'm still dealing with the same issues. However..now I am determined to not just get a grip on my issues but asking GOD to change me. That is my prayer. Of all the things that I have struggled with in my life the basis of many of my issues have been FEAR but something that I am learing AGAIN is that its based more upon pride. To say I am afraid of something somehow sounds better than being prideful. However in GOD's eyes its all the same. Sin is sin no matter how pretty it may seem to be for the outsider. When I became a nurse my confidence was in well what I could do or what I thought I'd overcome. GOD has reminded me in these last few days that it was him all along. I knew that but my heart needed reminding of that precious truth. There are many things that I am thinking about tonight but one of them is to KNOW GOD and believe him. Do I really know him? So often my time in prayer and bible study has been about checking something off the list. I just want to be real here. I want what I am on the outside to be the same of what I portray on the outside. My heart's desire is to really know him and believe him. Believing him not on what I can see but who I know him to be. I've said this many times in my posts..I place my hand in your hand..Daddy..I'm holding on. I am not letting go. I love you, GOD. I praise you. Not just for all you do which is SO LONG and great but simply I love you just for who you are.
Is 42:2, 2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;the flames will not set you ablaze.
No comments:
Post a Comment