May 25, 2010

God's faithfulness

Lamentations 3:19-23, " I remember my affliction and my wandering,the bitterness and the gall.I well remember them,and my soul is downcast within me.Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,for his compassions never fail.They are new every morning;great is your faithfulness".

This is GOD's word over me for these days..I remember the struggle.the hardships that got me to this place in my life. I look back and I see GOD's hand. Those times are at the basis of my heart today. Not for the situation but the reminder of GOD's faithfulness to me. I needed a reminder of that today. I HAVE HOPE! There are situations in life that well are just plain hard and no way to put my heart around it. However I can say this and believe it to the depth of my soul..My GOD is faithful. Its not just something that I say but its something that i believe..I know this to be true. So right now instead of looking at situations that are troubling me..I remind myself that every morning that I awake he is faithful..every moment of the day he is faithful..there is never a time that he is not faithful. What about me? What causes me to be unfaithful to the LORD? What do I go to for help? What sastifies those deep needs of my heart? What is my trust in? Anytime I go to anything to fill me up or meet any need beside GOD..I am unfaithful to the LORD at times. But praise GOD he is faithful when I am not. Again I baske in his presence and knowing that GOD's compassion toward me never fail and he is faithful. Thank you GOD for reminding me of this. I love you, Oh LORD. May you find me faithful and to keep my eyes upon you. Again I place my hand in your hand..you are leading the way. For that I know for sure.

2 comments:

Laura said...

He is already there and he is with us. He loves us..May we hold on to that precious truth.
Love ya my friend,

Laura

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd