May 6, 2010

Mother's Day!!

This weekend is Mother's Day..Different memories fill my heart today but thnking of those women in my life to which I am so grateful. I am blessed by the women in my family..Some are strong, some are loud, but they are all full of love. They have all taught me about what it is to be a woman in these times. They have taught me how to laugh and to enjoy life. Many memories enter my heart today. Thinking of those women in my life who have gone on..Thinking of my Great-grandma Stephens..She was so special. She was full of love and loved each member of her family with all of her heart. I have a bday card that my sister and I gave her and a few years back I got this card back and seeing it reminds me of how loved she was and how she demonstrated that love to those around her. She made the best yeast rolls and cinnamon twists..It was always a race to see who would get to eat them 1st! My mind goes to my grandma Jones. She has had some major struggles over the last few years..Thought that she wouldn't be with us and she is still going strong..This is the 2nd Mother's Day that she has not been in the hospital and that is great. She is doing wonderful and reminded of GOD's grace and faithfulness! I have some of the best aunts..My Aunt Patsy and Aunt Margie they have been such a support and full of love to me. Then to my Aunt Junie..Its been almost 4 years since she passed and many memories fill my heart when I think of her. Those talks that we had and that is what I miss the most. I say things that she'd say. She was a person who lived the Christian life. We miss her dearly but knowing we will see her again someday. To my great "Aunts"..My Aunt Charlotte and Aunt Hilda especially. I love ya'll so much.

So you ask why the homage to your family well its simple..I love them and I just want them to know. To those who read this blog..Life is too short and GOD is good. Hold those you love dear..Love each other and be reminded of how good GOD is.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: