January 3, 2010

Yesterdays

I have been thinking about this past year and its ups/downs over the last week or so. My mind went to how difficult things have been for my family and especially someone that is very close to me. Over the last 5 years, it has been one struggle after another. It went from my Aunt June who was diagnosed with cirrhosis in 2004 to her struggle with this disease until June 2006. Then my grandma was diagnosed with colon cancer in Dec 2006. SHe went thru chemo and over-came. Thank GOD she is cancer free. She was so ill for a few years but she is doing great. But its been one thing after another. However, this is life.
Seeing my Aunt June struggle was so hard but everything was done was to fight for her life. There was everything humanly possible to save her life but simply it was her time to go. Its still so hard sometimes because I think about her everyday. I still pick up the phone to call her and she is not there. I talked to her everyday for 15 years(since I moved to Lake City, Fl in June 1991. I have relived in my mind so many things when it comes to her. However, it may seem to some that she was not healed but she was. She is in heaven worshipping the Father! That brings such hope.
The reason of my post is this.. Sometimes its just time to move on and that is where I am at. There is a situation that has been so hard and I have been trying to make it better. I have done all I know to do and I have just let go. I have not let go of the hope that it will get better but i have let go my thinking that i had control of it. I have control of NOTHING! Oh GOD does. I let go of my emotions, my idea that i could make it better. And I hold on to GOD and his continued work in this situation.
So, its time to move on. GOD has something awesome in store for me. That I do know. I let go and hold on to him. I am not letting go of that, dear ones.

2 comments:

Frank said...

I am praying for you. Thought you should know. I have had a hard time this past year watching family members engage health problems as well. Thankfully, God never permits us to encounter more then we can bear.

Ordalyn said...

We serve a miracle working God. I"m a christian as well
so glad to meet you my sister in the Lord. i will add you to my blog to share and inspire others my blog is on helping students through there academic studies.
If my blog interest you please add me as a favorite I
know it will be a blessing to someone. Thanks!
http://www.studenthelpnow.blogspot.com