January 1, 2010

Well the new year is here! This past year was full of all kinds of stuff! The LORD and I are still on this journey! He is still teaching me, speaking to me, and revealing himself to me if I will just stop and listen! Some of the major things in my life this year was the ongoing home of my grandaddy Jones. He was a major force in my life and apart of it for well all of it. I still think of him every day and miss him terribly. There is joy in my heart for I know where he is at. My grandmother especially prayed for him for over 60 years. Now that is a long time. She continued day after day, year after year to do so. I know that I don't have that kind of resolve but its something that i am striving for. There have been many memories that have filled my mind/heart over the last few months.
GOD is always teaching me and the main lesson in my heart right now that GOD is telling me is to just TRUST him! Do I understand, No! But do I trust him? Oh yes. I was talking with a dear friend last night and something that really has me bothered is this.. that there was a situation that was placed before me and GOD really I believe wanted me to step up to the plate and to just trust him. But did I? I have to admit, No! It really hurt me because it hit me that I had disappointed my LORD. But there is forgiveness and I just start anew. So that is what I am doing.
Trusting him is not based upon what I can see but who I know GOD is. I know that GOD is faithful, never ending, and exacly who he says he is. GOD is so awesome, he created everything. He is the ALPHA, the Omega, the beginning and the END!
I have decided to again memorize scripture.. two verses per month. That is my goal for this year. To be more like Jesus and to have his word in my heart.
Check @ the point-leah.blogstop.com for more info!
My scripture memory verse for Jan 1-15th is..
Isaiah 43:19, " See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland".

GOD IS DOING A NEW THANG!

1 comment:

Leah Adams said...

Laura,

You blessed me so with your transparency about the time you failed to believe God and trust HIm. I've walked that road so many times and all He expects is for us to learn our lesson and trust next time. Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't but He is always faithful!!

So glad you are joining us for Challenge 2010.

Leah