I read these blogs and here are some of my thoughts. Check out http://www.kellyskornerblog.com
Have spent the last few days really thinking about what I think about? Sounds exciting? Well it is kinda. I am learning that what I think about I become. For example, when I started my lifestyle change in my eating I really focused upon what I wanted out of this whole deal. Now it was to loose weight but to really change this concept from living to eat to EATING TO LIVE. For most of my adult life, I was living to eat. All I thought about was food and when I could eat again and how much and would anyone know. I would hide my food in my car and would eat at drive-thru's so that no one would know what I was eating. But my looking at me, you could see what I had been doing. I was in the pit by not just what I ate but what I really thought about. Simply, I was saying to GOD that you can't meet my needs so I will have to meet them myself. Well, things did not go too well. I was way over 300 pounds and I was essentially killing myself. Back to the thinking part, if I had focused on who really is and really believed that GOD would meet my needs then I would not be in the place that I was. I can testify this today that GOD HAS meet my needs and he always has. I had to be in that pit and cry out to GOD to heal me to really know that. This is the lesson that GOD wants me never to forget. That he has and will always meet my every need. HE is GOD. I am not. He is always teaching me that I am not in control and to just trust him, praise him. So I have a new mindset and he has healed areas in my heart that only he could. He healed me from the pain of my past and that is a awesome thing.
Please don't think that I have it all together because I will always have my stuff but GOD is teaching me to call out to him 1st. When I try to handle things myself well it aint pretty.
So, what we think about we become. My only security is who I am in him. The world would like to tell me that I am not beautiful but to my GOD I am beautiful for he created me. So when those times come that I feel insecure I go back to knowing of who I am in him, his child. A child of the king.. Now that is somthing to think about.
1 comment:
Oh Laura,What a beautiful post.Thank-u for sharing.It was a blessing to me! Hope you have a great day! Blessings, Faye
Post a Comment