This post is something that I have thought about since being in church this morning. On my way to church today, my heart was overwhelmed with some hardships that are being experienced by some close ones in my family of who I love dearly. I don't have the freedom to really explain the situations but GOD knows about it anyway. My pastor today talked about overcoming in 2010! Boy was this a word for me. One of the 1st things he said was this, " what training wheels are you holding on to" ? When he 1st said this, I was like I am so above this and well the LORD in my spirit said, oh really? When talking about training wheels he meant what are those things that you are holding on to that prevents you from fully trusting in the LORD? These things could be from a child, parent, money, etc. The thing that the LORD really brought to my spirit was this.. my dependence on myself. This is something that frankley I have been so proud of myself for. I have had some difficulties in my life and well I realized that I was prideful about overcoming thos situations. Instead dealing with the pain of some of those past experiences, I became prideful thinking that i had something to do with overcoming only WHAT GOD has done. Now, I had to do the work but it was GOD alone who empowered me to do it. I realize today that i have been holding on to what I did, what I overcame, and on.. Blah, blah... In order for me to have total complete faith in GOD I must do three things... GOD IS CALLING ME TO STEP OUT IN FAITH TO ACCOMPLISH THE IMPOSSIBLE, GOD IS CALLING ME TO STEP OUT IN FAITH TO RELY ON HIM COMPLETELY, AND FINALLY GOD IS CALLING ME TO STEP OUT IN FAITH TO GIVE GOD THE GLORY.
So many things GOD spoke to my heart today regarding stepping out in faith. Some things I can share and some things are between the LORD and me.
I will leave this with you and may blog about the other stuff later but here it goes.. WHAT IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH MAN IS POSSIBLE WITH GOD!! There is a situation in my personal life that i was looking at as impossible but I am choosing right here and now to look at it as possible. Now it may not turn out like I want and GOD has something in store. Instead of looking at it as impossible, I am looking at as POSSIBLE! See Luke 8:27
IS 43:19, " SEE, I AM DOING A NEW THING NOW IT SPRINGS UP, DO YOU NOT PERCEIVE IT? I AM MAKING A WAY IN THE DESERT AND STREAMS IN THE WASTELAND".
2 comments:
Oh Laura, You are always such a blessing to me! Hope you have a great evening! Blessings, Faye
Amen sister! I love the taking the training wheels analogy off, I will have to remember that one.
Stay focused on God and you will accomplish what you need to what He wants you to. I will be praying for you this year my dear friend!
Kee
Post a Comment