January 14, 2010

Mission

I just have to make a post before heading to bed tonight. I have had a heavy heart over the last 24 hours seeing the devastation of Haiti. Seeing it is more than my heart can take. I am so often just stuck on my own little world and focused right there but tonight my heart is somewhere else. Praying for all those affected and focusing on those people who have lost their lives. Praying for those who will be able to go help these who are dealing with unknown and devasting loss. I am so blessed beyond measure and seeing this has brought me to a place of really being so thankful for all that GOD has given me. Now that he has blessed me so much is required of me. He has given me my own mission field and everyone who proclaims the name of CHRIST has one too. There are people that i can reach that no one else can. But its nothing that i do but GOD alone. My mission field are my patients and their families. It is what GOD has given me. Thorough my hands and feet is his love passed on. For that I am so thankful. That GOD is using me. So many opportunitis that GOD gives us all to be a servant if we just take the call. So wherever GOD has placed you, may he find us all faithful as we share his love and tell others about him. Day by day.. GOD is teaching me that its not all about me but him. He is the main thing! May he find me faithful.

1 comment:

Manda said...

I really like this post Laura. You visited my site in December. Your welcome back anytime;) I believe that God gave me a mental illness to reach out to other people that happen to have a mental illness. It's hard to relate to "normal" people so me being able to know what goes on in their head helps me to preach Jesus to them. Great post and come visit me on my blog.
Thanks Laura,
Amanda