December 5, 2009

What to say

I am so reminded today of how Satan can use my emotions to distract me. My emotions can well lie and be a way that Satan can get my focus off what it should be. However, today I had a little victory in this area for the LORD is teaching me so much during this time in my life. GOD is really teaching me to just trust him. Sounds easy.. Well now but there is no other way for me. Something that has helped me is to just praise the LORD not based upon my feelings or how things appear but just for who he is! I been just thanking GOD for who he is and not on what he has done for me. Now I am grateful for all that he has done but sometimes I think we can go before the LORD and just pray like he is our big Sugar Daddy! I mean no disrespect. For me, i tell him my needs and how he needs to fix them. GOD has really convicted my heart about this. He knows my needs and I tell him but I am really focusing on just who he is. Today, I have just thought of that he is my Redeemer! Now that is a thought! So for the next few moments.. Just think and mediate on who GOD is and not what he has done! WHO GOD is Great! He is worthy of our praise!
Just because I praise the LORD for who he is does not mean that things are easy but without him I would be in the pit deeper than I can ever dig! I thank him for this time in my life. It has caused me to be on my knees before him, seeking him. As I seek him, I will find him. I am finding him more and more each day and I am thankful for his presence and faithfulness to me. May he always find me faithful!
Blessings to all! Love to you all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Laura - great thoughts! I completely undersand what you mean. He has been showing me lately MORE and MORE that is isnt' about me, but ALL about him and for HIS glory! Praying the Lord would continue to show Himself faithful to you! :)

jennyhope said...

oh girl how I relate! I have to just pour out my heart to Him so much or I don't know where I would be!