December 2, 2009

What I know is this...

Ever wonder when you look back on your life and see God's hand in so many things?? I think back on some of the most difficult times of my life and at that time I could not see GOD's hand in the situation. These last few years have been very difficult for my family and those that I love dearly. You know those struggles and difficulties that could destroy well THEY HAVE not! I am learning so much right now. Something that hit my heart tonight as I was chatting with a dear friend of mine is this.. Satan can not have me but he can sure distract me! Boy that has been my heart the last few months especially. I have been so upset and distracted. This present situation is beyond describing or even beyond discussing in the venue. But I am not without hope! Oh yea looking at it with my eyes is overwhelming but a conversation that I had with a dear friend of mine was this.. What do you really know? Well there is not alot that I know about life. I know that life is hard but I do KNOW that GOD is always good. His ways is always best. He does not cause hardships but he allows them so that the thing or things that needs to be refined out of my life. Now those are such hard words to even say or type. But I have finally learning that this is the place that I am at in my life right now. But what I can be so thankful is this.. GOD IS still working in me. He is always refining me. I want to be more like him than I was today. I want my actions and reactions to bring him glory. I only want him. I fail him and I don't act like I should sometimes. I react instead of praying. I look at the situaiton instead of trusting him to work things out. So, I am not there or have I ever claimed to be. But tonight I am thankful for so much. I am loved, cherished, by the LORD GOD almighty!
Finally.. Today I was at the gym and I had my MP3 player while I was on a step machine and the LORD spoke so clearly to me. Said something like this.. You and I are on this journey together.. Its hard but its going to be all right. Do the thing, stay in the WORD. Just trust me. No matter what people say, I am exactly who I say that I am. Those words.. its going to be all right. I just about cried when I was on the machine because i never sensed his presence so strong. He is good, he is awesome, and I am grateful that he is my Saviour, my Redeemer.. My all in all!

1 comment:

Just Be Real said...

Laura, great reflection. It is hard for me to look back and see what God has doing until recently. I am more aware of what He is doing. Thank you for sharing. Blessings to you...