November 28, 2009

Being real

Being real and authentic is something that I feel so passionate about. Its been my mantra for some time. However, being real is something that hit me right in between the eyes over the last few days. I have been convicted of being covetous. Me, Laura, no way! But oh yes, I am not perfect. Don't want to let anyone down. Here is the situation.. I have lost over 100 pounds and have another 70 pounds to loose. I am so grateful that the LORD has given me the strength to do so. However, I have found myself looking at what other women and what they wear, how they look, and so on. Then having thoughts of how do others look at me at. Then I just have to tell myself to just SHUT up! The LORD has really been speaking to me about what I think about and my thought life. I have been so convicted about this over the last few days. So that is where I am at. Still struggling, still living the life, and grateful that the LORD is still working in me. I don't always like what he has to say but I am always seeking him and wanting to be what he wants me to be. Not there, but always striving. So this is me being real.. Its hard to be real sometimes but GOD calls me to be real before him. I don't necessarily have to lay out what is going out for all to know but the LORD knows my heart and he loves me in spite of myself. For that I am so grateful.
So whatever I think.. I want to bring him glory.. He is still working on me, to make me what I ought to be.. I aint there and won't be until I see my LORD in glory. GOD is so good..I love him.

2 comments:

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

Good for you. It is a journey of learning how to take each thought captive, and make it obedient to Him. I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving!
Joyfully,
Wylie

Just Be Real said...

Laura, naturally I love this post! Glad you are being real to the Lord and being open. Blessings and thank you for your support dear one.