This year has been filled with so much. From some major losses like the home-coming of my grandaddy. I think of him every day. From the things he said and just the person he was. He was not a easy person to love at times. GOD used him in my life to show me so many things. For example, he professed his faith in Christ when he was 80 years old. He had lived a hard life on so many areas. He was prayed for by so many people. Some may had thought that he had been forgotten when their prayer was not being answered. I know cause I had many of those thoughts. I can not tell what joy it brought to my heart knowing that he had professed his faith in Christ.
You know those things that you think was the worse that could happen was actually what was so the thing that really got you into a life that was never the same? Well.. that is where I am at today. Have had some major things in my personal life to deal with and with those that i love. It has brought me to my knees and feeling i total despair but I was never without hope. I can tell you that the LORD's presence is so close sometimes that it takes my breath away. That is the greatest gift of all.. OH I am still on my knees and still praying. Don't have the answer yet but I can tell you that I will never be the same. And that is the greatest gift.
1 comment:
Hi Laura,
I am new to your blog. I found you through Just Be Real. You seem like a very deep thinker. I am sorry about your granddad. My Grandma was much the same way, she was hard to love, but I miss her so much and she passed into Jesus' Arms in 2005. Christmas is a hard time when remembering loved ones, but remember the babe of Christmas. He came so He could defeat death. Stop by my blog sometime and tell me what you think!
Merry Christmas,
Amanda
Post a Comment