The many faces of fear (Ps 23:1)
1) Knowing GOD makes worrying un-necessary. LORD-Jehovah means to be. He is the GOD of my past, present, and future! He address’ my past, present in the right now of where I am, and who is GOD of all future and eternity. See Hebrews 13:8, Matthew 25:6. Anxious means split or divided mind. STOP now my worrying!
2) Knowing GOD makes worry uncharacteristic of a believer. He is my Shepherd! When David says that GOD is our shepherd, he is also teaching us that: sheep cannot provide for themselves, he protect (sheep have no natural defense), the Shepherd guides, and the Shepherd directs. Is 40:11. WORRY is a CONTROL ISSUE! If I am a worried Christian, then I think I am in control and that is when I should worry.
3) Knowing GOD makes worry un-profitable. God has met my needs in the past, in the present, and I can trust GOD with your future. Duet 2:7. God knows what I am going thru and I am lacked a thing that I have needed. When there is anything in my life that blocks GOD out of my life it is idolatry.
3 comments:
Laura, great post! Yes, worry is a control issue! I've never really thought of it like that, but you are so right!
We must let go, and let God! That's the bottom line!
Thank you for rejoicing with me today! I give God all the praise! Though we are undeserving, He is so good! What a wonderful Father He is! Praise His name!
I'm sorry you were a little down today. Even in the midst of praise over my husband's health, I am a little down, too, having left my two precious little grandchildren up in Missouri this morning. (Boy, who is 2; girl who is 1.)
There is a little empty place in my heart, but tomorrow morning it will be filled with a visit from my son and two little granddaughters who live nearby.
God is good. He is patient. And He understands our needful hearts.
I hope you are feeling better. You are a special lady, and a gift to all. Take courage and strength in God's great love for you. He will never let you down.
Much Love In Jesus,
Andrea
Thanks, Andrea for your kind words. Something that I am learning and re-learning is this that the only thing that can fill that empty place in my heart is GOD alone. It was meant only for him. My emotions fail me and they lie about the true situation. But I know that GOD is who he says he is and he will do what he says he will do.
May the LORD richly bless you.
Laura, thank you for your message.
Yes, I am learning the same things. Only God can truly fill the empty places in our hearts.
He created within us a void that only He can fill/complete.
Sometimes, in our trials, we forget that fact. But it is ever so true.
Blessings to you, dear friend.
May your weekend be filled with His peace. May His holy presence fill every place in your life. May joy replace any mourning or pain. May answers only be small shadows of your walk with Him!
Much Love in the Lord,
Andrea
Post a Comment