This past month has been filled with so many ups and downs. Mostly downs if I would let Satan have his way. There is so much hurt in this world that if I focus on that it would really depress me. And OK, I struggle with depression so I really have been praying and taking that Scripture that says," We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ"(2 Corinthians 10:5).
This is something that has really been on my mind, what I think about. For what I think about, I become! When I am depressed and have a pity party for whatever reason.. I just go deeper into that pit of depression and its yuk! As my precious Aunt Alice tells me that you got to get off the pity-pot! When I have this pity-party it seems that no one comes. And that is a good thing cause during these times of depression that sometimes I am looking for that place to fill me that no one can fill but my LORD Jesus! That is the way he designed for it to be. This is what GOD is still working with me on. I have times of loneliness, depression, and just sadness in my soul but its during these times that the LORD teaches me again that the only one who can fill that empty place is the LORD.
This lesson that GOD has been teaching me for me to allow him to fill me is something that he has been working with me on for a long time now. I have been reminded though during my times with him that HE AIN'T LETTING GO on this one!
Finally... In my life there are situations that I have been holding on to. Wanting them to change and wishing that they would. I did all I knew to do well during this past week the LORD revealed something to me that is simple but something that he wanted me to know. LET IT GO! Let it go for what I wish it was, let it go for what it should be and simply LET IT GO! This is his lesson to me of to simply let it go!
No comments:
Post a Comment