April 28, 2009

Saying goodbye

This past weekend has been filled with so many emotions. My dear friend, Mary went home to meet the LORD last Friday morning. It was was hard for those who loved her. It was filled with so many emotions. To know that she is no longer in pain is what brings her family and those who loved her with peace. She is with the Father and is in his presence. But our hearts still hurt. But it won't be forever.
I spent yesterday with a good friend of mine who is having struggles of her own but they are hers to tell. It got me thinking of those in my life that I have said goodbye to. I think of them and miss them but to know that they are no longer in physical pain really comforts my heart. To know that there is no more cancer, chemo, radiation is inspiring. GOD has healed those who are his children, who have called on him by name, and accepted him as LORD and Saviour.
Life is so hard sometimes and often I get off course because the focus of my life is upon me and my own issues. But I have been reminded again what life is really all about. Its about love of my Saviour. He has set me free. Its about not looking on what life seems to be but its about him. Its about family. Loving them. Its about being grateful for those that GOD gives to us to love for however long that may be.
So I pray that wherever you are in life that you first know Jesus Christ personally as your LORD and Saviour. Lets keep serving him, loving him and each other.

2 comments:

Faye said...

Laura,what a beautiful post.Your precious friends family will be in my heart and prayers!Blessings, Faye

Laura said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. My prayers are with you.

Blessings,
Laura