I have thought about being real and authentic for years and it has been my passion for awhile now. I still struggle with wearing the mask around some people because I don't want to be hurt and truthfully I hate rejection. That is the thing for me, I may seem that I have it all together for those who know me knows that is the farthest thing from the truth.
The desire of my heart is to be real before GOD and those in my life. That is harder than it seems sometimes and this is again where GOD is calling me to. To be honest about the struggle but go to HIM 1st. The issue is not my pain or whatever is going on in my heart but the real issue is PRIDE. I don' want to ask for help from anyone. I am single and for so long I have gotten through situations by doing things myself and not even asking for help. Then things get very ugly and then again I am on my face before the LORD.
My heart goes back to Psalm 121:1-2 that I memorized at the beginnng of April which says, I lift my eyes up to the hills, where does my help come from? It comes from the LORD the maker of heaven and earth.
So there it is, we all hurt but praise his name that he heals our hurts.
No comments:
Post a Comment