Hebrews 12:1-2
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
I have been on a journey the last 8 months of loosing weight physically but what GOD has started in me is removing those things that are holding me in bondage spiritually. There are those days that its a struggle to pick up my feet and just live life. Life is full of those struggles but when I look around me I can become discouraged because i am looking at the situation instead of keeping my eyes on the LORD. Keeping my eyes means my whole being upon him, letting him be my focus instead of myself and my own stuff. This point was hit home to me this morning as I was on the treadmill. I started looking down at the time and how much longer to endure this pain cause exercise is not always fun! But when I just looked ahead and not to the side or down but ahead did it become easier. Oh if I would just apply this to my walk with Christ. Its easy to look behind to see how good or bad things were but again GOD calls me to just look ahead. Not of what may happen but just on him.
So again I lay down those thoughts of negativity and just bad thinking and again I ask the LORD to just change my mind. Renewing of my mind! So, I am looking to my GOD who is my refuge, my sustainer, and just keeping my all upon him. Lets keep going for his honor!
2 comments:
Your doing great, you go girl looking at it right. God bless vicky
I prayed for you today. I hope you have a happy Easter!!!
Post a Comment