I can't believe that I am posting two days in a row but I just had to post. Today I went to a funeral service for a friend of mine's son who had died. He was a veteran. The service, the taps, and the whole thing really brought me to be so thankful for our veterans.
I don't think that as American we are not fully aware of the sacrifice that they have fought for our freedom. I work with veterans and I know some of the pain and hardache that they have endured both emotionally, physically, and spiritually. What they have seen and experienced is beyond anything you could imagine.
Let us thank our GOD for our freedom not just as Americans but for those who have called on the name of the LORD to be their Saviour and LORD. We have been set free. I have been set free from the pit and GOD did not save me from that to just keep me there.
So, As Kirk Franklin says in the song called Revolution, Woo-woo! Lets give our GOD some praise. He is worthy of it. Amen, amen, and amen.
2 comments:
Amen, Laura! I for one take for granted all that our veterans have provided for us.
Thanks for the reminder. They are blessed to have you helping to care for them.
Love ya,
Sheryl
I have never been to a military funeral, but i can imagine how moving it must be. I'm sorry for your friend's loss, Laura Anne. I will say a prayer for her and all family of our military.
Post a Comment