January 2, 2009

The only thing I seek!

Psalm 27:4 (New International Version)
4 One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

My sweet bible teacher, Beth Moore has made a challenge for me and many others to memorize his WORD! So, twice a month I am memorizing two passages of scripture twice a month. I was overwhelmed and did not think that I could not do it. In my own power, I cant but thorough the power of the holy spirit. My desire is this that GOD and his word would so invade every area of my heart. So as his word says, one think I ask and this is what I seek to dwell in the house of the LORD forever. In his presence is great.
All these words sound great and all that but today I so became fustrated with the things of life and stuff! I was so discouraged because I felt I failed him because I got so fustrated with my things and life! Well, the LORD just spoke to me as only he can and reminded me of the work that he is doing in me and Satan is not happy about it. So, am I going to give up?? No way, I again place my hand in his hand. Above all in my life, all I want is him. To be in his presence that is my hearts desire. So stay in the WORD, pray, and just trust him. Oh to be like a child and trust him. That is what he is calling me to do! Life can sometimes stink but GOD is always good. He knows best and I am so glad that he does!!

3 comments:

jennyhope said...

This is one of my FAVORITE VERSES!!!
you are so precious!
thank you for praying for me!!

I got my spiral note card holder!!
I have a billion of them but I am starting fresh!

Lora said...

Greetings Laura! I'm taking the LPM memory challenge too! What a sweet spirit you have. I stopped by from a comment you left at The Perch.
Blessed New Year!

Laura said...

Honey, you are not alone in this roller coaster ride of faith! I frequently have experiences like what you just described: times of dedication followed by times of extreme frustration. Beth says that times on the mountain are frequently followed by times of testing. Whew! I know! That stinks!!

We are getting ready to start Esther too, and I am so excited that so many of my bloggy friends are going to be doing it at the same time. What a fun journey that will be to take together!

Sending love,
laura