December 31, 2008

Leaving 2008




Well I have thought most of the day of what can I say about 2008? So many things have happened that I don't even know where to begin! The year 2008 began with me moving into my aunt's house so that I could live with her while I was attempting to buy my 1st home! So many things the LORD taught me about himself and my outlook on so many things! He taught me that he was enough. He is the only source of anything in this world. During this time, GOD allowed me to really deal with some things of my past. During this time, it hit me right between the eyes of where GOD wanted me to be. I learned alot about my family during this time and I am amazed of GOD's faithfulness to me. I have a wonderful family of which I love dearly! They were with me every step of the way during this past year. Also, during this time I lived at my aunt's while I was getting my home, I was able to spend some special time with my grandma. She is so sweet and funny! She has been so sick this past year. But GOD in his mercies brought her back to health. She turned 80 years this past May and is doing so good now. She is able to get around and can do some things for herself. She keeps me laughing! Being able to spend time with her is another one of God's special blessings.
During this past year, I started back to school for my bachelors in nursing. It is going well and my brain cells are still intact so that is a good thing!
Even though I do love my home it is not where my joy lies. God has taught me many things but the thing that has resided in my heart is that he is enough. Simply said. Right now as I sit in my living room and I look around, I am so thankful of all that he has given me. The greatest joy is the LORD and his continued work in my life.
Also, during this past year there was a blog created by some of us that met on Beth Moore's blog. It has been a source of joy and a venue of growing closer to the LORD and each other. He is doing so many things.
So, as I leave you from 2008, I would say that God is my everything and the blessings of family and friends are just the icing on the cake! Blessings from me to you!!

5 comments:

Sheryl said...

Happy New Year, Laura! What fun this year has been in getting to know our siestas!!

Love ya,
Sheryl

Kim said...

You're the bestest!!!I am thankful to have met you this year!!!
MOOWAH!!!
PK-Kim

Laura said...

I'm so proud of you for all you are doing, Laura! It sounds like 2008 had many special moments for you. Bless you, my friend. Sending New Year's hugs,
Laura

Amber Dupree said...

Happy New Year, Laura! I'm happy that you found my blog and in return I was able to find yours.

Your internet friend,
Amber

UL Cards Fan said...

Can I be pink, fluffy icing on your cake?
So glad we are all friends. Hope to meet you in person in 2009.
Love, LINDA