January 8, 2009

My season

I have been very reflectful over the last few weeks. Not just of what GOD has done in my life and my family's as well but really wondering what is his purpose for my life? I feel like I am at a standstill and don't know where the next phase of life is going to lead me. I really am seeking the LORD for what he has in store for me. So right now my heart is waiting on what he has in store. So, I stay in the WORD and seek him. It is hard though to wait. I am not a patient person and maybe that is the reason for it all. Even though I don't know what the next season of life is to be for me what I do know that the study of Esther by Beth Moore is what GOD has called me to do. It has so challenged my heart this week and really has had me asking some deep questions between the LORD and me. Something that Beth said this week on the introduction was dealing when you don't feel his presence. That is something that I have experienced and its really a difficult thing to describe. What I would like to say is that he never leaves us or forsakes us but for me that time in my heart was to really remind me of who my trust is in. Even when I don't see him, he is there. Even when I don't feel him, he is there. My feelings and emotions can always fail me and they do but my GOD has never failed me. So for me, this season of my life is based upon dealing with things as they are. I still have issues that I am struggling with but day by day its not really easier but GOD is daily teaching me to just accept things as they are. They may change or they may not but GOD is still GOD.
So what about you? You don't have to respond but really mediate upon the season of life that you are in and mediate upon him and what he wants you to not just know about yourself but what is GOD teaching you about him. For those who read my blog and I know who you are, I love you all dearly and I pray for you each and every day. Your love and encouragement means so much to me!


Psalm 84:2," How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living GOD.





1 comment:

Laura said...

We just started our Esther study this morning. It was wonderful. Beth was here in Charleston, WV right after she came through that season. I remember her sharing that story and saying it was the first time she had spoken of it because she was so tender about it. She said that she had just told Travis about it and he told her something like, "Beth, now you know how most everybody else feels."

I think it's true. Not everyone feels his presence the same. I think that is important to remember. And yes, don't believe your feelings! BElieve His Word!!

luv,
laura