January 15, 2009

His WORD

The last few weeks I have let some situations really overwhelm my mind. It does not matter what the situation is but what GOD is continuing to teach me is that he wants his glory magnified. Which means I really want GOD to get the praise in how I respond to things. So often I fail him and my prayer is that he would not just change how I act or respond but change how I feel. Oh can he do that, you bet! There was someone in my past that hurt me to the core and for years I would not forgive that person and well when I was in the deepest of a pit the LORD reminded me later of what he saved me from and I had no right to not forgive. So like I have said in other posts, I don't have it together and I never will. But I am on a journey to be all GOD wants me to be. Right now in my life I am in a struggle of just being at peace with some life situations and that is why I picked this verse to memorize. I feel like I am in the fire and at a time in my life that GOD is really teaching me to say hey this is what its about; just trusting him for everything. It may not make sense to some but what I do know is that GOD is daily refining me to what he wants me to be.

SO stay in the WORD for as our minds and hearts are renewed we are made more like him. He heals those areas that need his touch. I need him more than I can ever say.

1 Peter 1:7 (The Message)
6-7I know how great this makes you feel, even though you have to put up with every kind of aggravation in the meantime. Pure gold put in the fire comes out of it proved pure; genuine faith put through this suffering comes out proved genuine. When Jesus wraps this all up, it's your faith, not your gold, that God will have on display as evidence of his victory.



No comments: