October 16, 2008

Being accepted

Today I awoke with some of those old fears of acceptance and listening to the message that Satan likes to tell me that I am unloved and those old demons of depression hit me to the floor. I have so much to be thankful for and I am so loved more than words can say. I have tried to write this blog today since early this morning and I thought that maybe I shouldn't. But then in my spirit I can sense the Holy Spirit reminding me to be real before him. Then I got on my knees and just prayed. Then I opened my bible and did my study for today. I am doing a bible study by Prisicilla Shrier called He Speaks to me. Today's lesson was about HIS acceptance. That sure did hit me right between the eyes! The first thing that was asked was do you want to hear from God? I said oh YEA. Then the next question was to then get the focus off you.. OUCH! So when I lement to myself that I feel unloved, unaccepted, or whatever again I am focusing on me and my own needs. What Satan wants to do is to keep me feeling condemened and then I won't hear from him or be able so. It then continued to ask what makes you accepted? Ok, I know this may sound elementary to some but this hit me again. But what makes me acceptable is not who we are but WHOSE we are.
We are children of the KING if we have accepted him as LORD and Saviour! How can I even think that I am not loved? Its a lie of the the evil one to think that I am not loved. There is nothing in me that makes me worthy of anything but through the blood of CHRIST I am. When that got into my spirit, I felt release.
So today, I ask you my friends to be real not in front of me or anyone else but be real before our Father. Tell him your concerns, fears, or whatever. He knows it anyway!
Hebrews 10:19," By accepting the perfect sacrifice of Jesus for the remission of sins, we can have confidence to enter the holy place".

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Wow, great post! I too, am guilty of listening to the evil one at times instead of trusting in what the Father has revealed to me. Praying that we both can feel the love of God wash over us in a way that is undeniable.