October 13, 2008

All about me!

For those who aren't on the sista blog this is my testimony. I am not bragging but just want to share what my GOD has done in me. Praise his name!

HI, my name is Laura. I am 35 years young!!
I was born and raised in what you would call a CHRISTIAN home because I went to church since I was weeks old. My journey with God is filled with challenges but Sister GOD has always come through! He has used every pain and hurt for his glory! He has set me free that I would only worship him!

Even though I was raised in a Christian home did not make me a Christian. I was a good girl but not saved. However, when I was 20 years old and I was at a revival at my church when it hit me that I was not a Christian. Oh, I was a good girl and always wanted to be good but never could quite get there. I accepted Christ as my personal LORD and Savior in 1993. I wish I could say that I did what God called me to do but I cannot. My journey was one of doing what I wanted to do and being disobedient for a number of years. I left the church and my family for some years because I stayed in the pit and I had no idea of how to get out. Then in September of 2000, I was brought to my knees by some life situations. This is when things got serious between the LORD and me. I got things right and I began my journey of being in the WORD. God placed within my heart a hunger for GOD and his WORD that I cannot quite get over yet. God is always teaching me something new and awesome about him. AM I there yet? No way but daily GOD reminds me again of who he is and who I AM NOT. I have done most of Beth Moore studies and right now, I am presently doing a study about hearing the voice of GOD. What I would say to my sisters, is to stay in the WORD. When I get off focus, it is because I decide to keep the focus on me instead of GOD and his WORD.

I am the oldest child of my parents and I have one younger sister Linda who has two children David and Michael. I was born and raised in Ft Myers, Fl and I moved to the BIG city of Lake City, FL in June of 1991. What I would say is that I have been in that pit. Those memories of the pit are still with me because the LORD wants to remind me what he brought me from TO. That is my focus. Praise GOD for what he has brought me to. I moved here to care for my great-grandmother. She passed away in 1992 but I decided to stay here. For its home. My grandparents with many other aunts, uncles, cousins live close by. I help care for my grandmother who has colon cancer. She is in remission of which I praise his name. My aunt who I was very close to died back in June 2006. This was another pivotal time in my life. She was someone that I looked up to and loved like a mother. She was a wonderful Christian person but GOD again taught me of where my faith and trust had been in. Her life again just directed me to my GOD. How awesome is that! I miss her daily and I think about her so much. I am still grieving her loss but daily GOD sustains me.

I am a RN and I work at a hospital here in my hometown of Lake City, Fl. I have been a RN since 2006 and I was an LPN for 10 years before that. My calling I believe is to care for others. I can be the hands of JESUS. That is my mission. I am attending online for my bachelors’ in nursing. My goal is to have my master’s in nursing. My hobbies are reading Christian fiction and vegging. I spend a lot of time on my computer. A good day for me is to spend time with my family/friends, a good book, and lastly a good nap!

I am single and right now, that is what GOD wants for me. I wonder from time to time, what my life would be like if I was married but something that GOD is teaching me is to just trust him. We all have our journeys with our own stuff but I am so thankful that GOD is with me in this life called my journey!

I am so honored to be able to tell you my story. I am excited that as we grow close to GOD and each other oh the WORK that will be done in us. Praise his name, he is awesome!

1 comment:

Leah Adams said...

I am blessed by your story!! God is so good and so patient with us. Thank you for sharing your story. Thanks for visiting The Point.

Leah