August 14, 2008

Are we grown up yet?

I have been living in my new home for about two weeks now and there have been so many different emotions as I enter into a new journey not just with myself but more than that what the LORD is doing in me. I have always prided myself in my independence but that thought is something that God is really working in me about making me so depenedent upon him. For some it may be a good thing to be indepenedent but I am learning that i have been using it as some sort of security. I began this morning a bible study by Priscilla Shrier called He speaks to me. Something that hit me right between the eyes is that my relationship with GOD is based on itimacy of course but I should come before him like a child. What does this mean you ask? Think on this.. When you were a child no matter of the type of parents you may have you knew somehow that your needs would be met and you expected them to be. Well something that Priscilla asks is that how we are with God? So often, Sad to say no for me. I try to do everything on my own and I forget that my Father wants to meet my needs, he finds great pleasure in it. It may seem simple to some but to me I want to be like a child and hear from my daddy. So.. What I am going to do is this: Depend on God for everything. Be honest with him even with the big and small things. Trust him. No matter what is going on around me just trust him. That is what he is calling me to do. Trust him. Is this easy? No way, but this is where our faith comes in. Realize that I can't doing this alone. This has been where God is really teaching me. If not careful, I will seclude myself from my family and friends because I think I can do it alone. Well, sista let me tell you that is not how we were created. He wants us to depend on him and he gives others in our lives to love and be encouraged by. Finally, Expect that I will be taken care of. Not just the big things but the small things as well.
That is my heart today. Just listen to him. Hold on to his hand no matter what you are going through. He is there. He loves you, You are his child.

Luke 18:16
Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of GOd belongs to such as these.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This really spoke to me today. Thank you Laura for sharing.

I love your house! I like how you can look out into the living room area while you wash dishes!

luvgod2 said...

That is a wonderful truth - to simply come to him with childlike faith. I think we as adults make it so complicated in our own minds! He's the author and perfector of my faith! Thank you for your precious heart for the Lord. It's an encouragement! Your siesta from the forum!