June 3, 2012
Joy
I was talking with someone today and something that really spoke into my spirit was JOY. Thinking back to when things were so different between the LORD and I. I had real joy, not happiness but joy. Joy is faith based, not based on things around you but on how GOOD GOD is...However the last few years for me have been frankley HARD. I have drifted away from the LORD. He has not left me but I left him. I forsake praying and reading my bible as I should. I would do it to mark it off the list cause that is what a " GOOD" christian does but I felt so disconnected from the LORD. Then I just had to get on my face before the LORD and lay it all out there. He knew about it anyway but doing so reminded me of what I had been doing. There are times during the night that I turn in my sleep and dispair fills my heart yet GOD reminds me that he is here, watching me as I sleep...And that gives me joy simply. And that so fills me with such joy.
1 comment:
Just stumbled on your blog. When things overwhelm us, the Lord continues to remind us to be still and know that he is God. (see Exodus 14)
Post a Comment