I am finishing up a bible study by Priscilla Shrier entilted hearing the Voice of GOD. Something that has resonated with me over the last few days is how the LORD takes great delight in me..I've had my own issues with my self esteem but this really seals the deal in my book. Ok.. the LORD GOD of heaven who sent his SON takes great delight in me! When I think of great delight that well brings delight to my soul. The word delight means to "incline to," "take pleasure in." It is used of God's pleasure in His people. Knowing what some words mean brings such openess to me by understanding what some words mean. I have thought about this..GOD takes great pleasure in me. In spite of myself he takes pleasure in me! Let those words really go into your heart. That GOD takes great pleasure, he's inclined unto me or to anyone to has called upon him as LORD and Saviour. That really puts a new spin on things...So again as this new year has approached me I have this deep desire to know more of him this year than before. This desire he has placed within my heart. This is why I chose this scripture to memorize. Furthurmore, My LORD is with me..he's never left us..He is my Warrior, he saves me and prepares me for every battle that I may face. He's reminds me that I can only be prepared for those battles by prayer and his word being within me...He takes great delight in me and rejoices over me with singing!
Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you;in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”
No comments:
Post a Comment