August 30, 2009

This place

I'm at a place that I don't know how quite to describe. Life well is life. Full of goodness, hardships, and well just living it out. GOD is teaching me many things right now but those things are between me and him. That is the lesson that I'm learning which is to allow him to fill that place deep in my soul. He knows the need better than I can ever express. For me, I desire to be loved and treasured. In times past, I would have friendships that I was looking to have that place filled that only he can fill. I can tell you that the only thing that I need is him. He is my husband, my best friend, and beyond that he is my GOD. He is here when the phone does not ring and I feel so alone. He is there in the good times as well as the bad.
Today for example has been a time of just me and him. Talking and just me getting some things out. My relationship with him is so personal and intimate. I never in my wildest dream thought that it was even possible. That was not in my thinking when I learned about CHRIST as a child. Even though GOD is all to me I will never and can never get over the fact that he is GOD. He is my Saviour, my everything.
My prayer is that I always remain desperate for him. Not in the way that some may be for the newest thing but I desire to be desperate for him and what he wants me to know, to do, and whatever he wants me to do for him. I AM WILLING. That is my heart today.
As I go for now.. Here is the lyrics called No Sweeter Name by Kari Jobe( Can you tell that I love her music,, cause I do)

No sweeter name than the Name of Jesus,
No sweeter name have I ever known
No sweeter name than the name of Jesus.

You are the Life to my heart and my soul
You are the Light to the darkness around me
You are the Hope to the hopeless and broken
You are the only Truth and the Way

1 comment:

Laura said...

This is so sweet, Laura. I have learned a lot about intimacy with Him through my single friends. Sometimes I envy that lack of distraction, where He fills every role.

Lovely.