June 14, 2009

Good-bye

Saying goodbye.. That is what this week has been. To say goodbye to my grandaddy is something that right now that I am still trying to process. You see, he has been such a HUGE part of my life and well to know that he is no longer here is so hard. I won't give those responses that I have heard over the last few days.. That he did not suffer and he is in a better place. I know those words and they are true but please hear my heart here.. I miss him and you know what that is OK. I am reminded of funny things he said, stories of him growing up, and so many things. I loved him more than I can say here or that I can express. HE is gone and I know that. But he is in heaven and that is something that my hope lies in.
I come from a very loving family of which I am so blessed to have. We love each other and that is a blessing. I think of my gma tonight. Tonight, as you read this please say a special prayer for her. I pray that the LORD would comfort her as only he can.
Something that the preacher said yesterday that I can't get out of my mind is letting go. Letting go of those hard-times and memories and hold on to the good. So often when we look back or are in pain all that we or I think about is those hard times. But tonight, I am thinking of all those good times. Those times that bring comfort to my heart. That is how GOD works.
So, now I bid you goodnight. Hold those you love dear and let them know of how much you love them. Sleep well, GOD bless
.

1 comment:

KEE said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Each of us handle our own losses in such different ways. Just find a way to honor your grandfather that helps you heal and feel closer to him.
You will never get over this, you just get through it with the help of our precious Jesus who carries our burdens when they are too big for us to carry.

I will be thinking of you and praying for your family.