Ok. Well this week has been one of some really hard things that the LORD is teaching me. Its that same old lesson, am I going to trust him or me?? Its so much more than that? I wish that I could say that ok I am just trusting the LORD and so on but frankly I am not there but I am on my way.
I am dealing with some stuff in my life right now that is just hard. Simply put. Its really between the LORD and I and that really is ok. For now, that is where I want it to stay but I want to share something that the LORD has been dealing with me on. I have a weight issue and well let me simply say it, I am OVERWEIGHT! There it has been said. If you know me in real life you are most likely saying DUH? But I have been struggling with food as early as I can remember. It is where I have gone to for comfort or whatever emotion that I am dealing with Some eat when they are happy but I eat whenever there is food. I have lost 50 pounds and please don't complement me because that is not the reason of me saying that. Over the last month or so, I just quit eating like I should and just quit exercising because it is just too hard. It is hard to do this and I just kind of gave up. So, here I am and not loosing weight but I have gained such a heaviness not just physically but emotionally as well. So again I lay myself at the LORD's feet and not just asking for this to be taken away but for him to teach me to just trust him. Let him meet my needs instead of me trying to meet them.
This post has been so hard to write but I feel like I needed to. To be real and just be honest about my struggle.
So here I am. I lay my hand in his hand and some days I don't even want to get out of the bed and face this. But I continue on and just him. Not based upon my feelings but based upon GOD and his will for me. His will for me is to just trust him and obey him in every area of my life.
So now I am going to bed and I pray that whatever your struggle is from food to whatever you are holding on to all I can say is this.. Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding but in all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths( Proverbs 3: 5-6) I love you oh LORD and all I know to do is to hold on and I keep my eyes on the prize and that is loving you more tomorrow than I do today. I trust you, I adore you, and I am really excited to what lies ahead.
Love,
Laura
P.S.
By the way to those keeping up with the compassion scholarship that I won, I got an email today stating that the packet should be coming within the next few weeks. So stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment