My memory verse for the next two weeks is Psalm 86:11 which says Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.
So when I read this verse many thoughts enter my mind of how GOD teaches me. Then I think of what he has taught me and is continuing to do so. The thing is this that what GOD has been teaching me over the last few years is this, the only thing that can fill me up is him alone. Him and nothing else. Well I have gone to people, things, food, and other things to fill me up. This is a lesson I am praying to get not just to my head but to my heart. I have realized how easy it is to have a divided heart when I become so focused on what is going around me, above me, but what GOD is calling me is to focus on him and his continued work in my life. I am so easily distracted with life sometimes like we all are. Lately, I have really been distracted with my own stuff and then the heart aches of those I love dearly. My focus right now is having a undivided heart, really focusing on him. What I know more than anything is that I need him. I am hurting and confused about some things but GOD knows them, he understands it, and most of I am his child and he is teaching me his ways, the truth, and that is all I need. So the truth of life is this, GOD and his word, his ways. He is all I need, oh how I need him.
2 comments:
Beautiful post!! He truly is all we need. I haven't seen you over at my place for a while and I was concerned something was wrong. Hope you are ok!!
Leah
Ouch. Stepping on my toes again, Laura! Keeping focused on Him has been rough for me lately. Too many distractions. But you are so right in what you say. He is all we need.
Post a Comment