Over the last few days, my mind and heart has really been focused on Christmas. I in times past dreaded holidays for some of my memories of the holidays were filled with loss of loved ones. Especially because my Grandma Russell passed a few days before Christmas. I also had this idea of what the perfect Christmas or holiday should be. However, that never came to pass. What the issue has been for me, is that my focus was so wrong. However, the last couple of months the LORD has really begun to change my heart and really reforming my thinking on some things. So this year, its going to be a new thing. Instead of focusing on what I have lost, what I wish I had, etc. I have focused this year on the LORD. This season so far has been filled with so much love between the LORD and I. He has really spoken to my heart in a way that I can not even pen into words.
So, this year Christmas will be different. Not for the reasons you may think. I have to work and that is fine but the reason it is different is because the LORD has totally changed my heart about it. He is healing those hurts that I have held on for so long. This year I am able to form some new memories with my family. This is the 1st year in my home and I am so blessed for that. My home is a blessing from the LORD and I thank him for it. My parents are coming for Christmas and we are going to have our own family holiday. There may not be much under the tree but there is so much love in my heart not just for them but for what GOD has done in my heart.
So during this season, take some time with your family and friends and lets focus on the greatest gift of all, JESUS. Because of that gift, I have life forever. That is what I want. I want him and his presence every day.
7 comments:
Beautiful post!! And I love your tree. Enjoy your first Christmas in your new home. Make memories that will last a lifetime. The Lord is so pleased with your heart.
Love ya,
Sheryl
Nice to have familey ,presents dont matter has familey does, senjoy them.God bless vicky
God bless you, sweet Laura. You are always such a blessing with the comments you leave on my blog and I appreciate them more than you know. It humbles me to know that people use their valuable time to read my blog. I hope you have a beautiful and special Christmas!!
Leah
Great post. Christmas is about family and giving..Helping someone is the greatest gift we can give.
Bless you, Laura Anne, for choosing to focus on Him. Sorrow can overwhelm if we allow it. But He transcends that grief. I'm so sorry for the loss...
Thinking of you...
Laura
Hi Laura-
Our greatest gift ever is Jesus. Glad to hear this Christmas will be different for you and yours.
Enjoy the season even if you are working that day.
Thanks for your precious visit and your nice words. We shall be victorious over procrastination. I heard nursing school is tough but I trust you are doing very well.
God bless.
Myriam
Laura!
Guess who this is? I stumbled across your blog as I am coming home to Ft. Myers for Christmas and was wondering if I should go to Riverside church while I am there. It's Judy Longwell from wayyyy back when! Send me an e-mail: judydurling@yahoo.com
Post a Comment