Well I was sitting at home tonight and the LORD really spoke to my heart about something. I was listening to Adrian Rogers who is one of my favorite pastors and preacher of the WORD. He has gone on to glory but thankfully he is still on and I was listening to him. Something he said is that we wonder why we must suffer but the question he posed to us and by the prompting of the HOLY SPIRIT is have I ever truely thought about of how my GOD suffered my the giving of his only SON. He did this willingly and without any reservation. He also talked about the scars that are still on his hands and this is to remind us of the price he paid. He also talked about the scars that some of us still deal with. He talked about how he and his wife Joyce lost a son and that was their " scar". The LORD used that scar to help others who were hurting but they would never been able to help anyone with this type of pain unless they had the scar themselves.
Then I was so overwhelmed with emotion when I think about my journey with the LORD. My scars are there and I sometimes think that they were like something that was there. But then the LORD reminded me again of that through my scars I have been healed. That thought is something that totally thrills my soul!
So, what about you? What is the scar on your heart. You have been set free but think about that and how GOD used that hardship or whatever in that you would be totally healed. Our healing is not always physically but when GOD heals us from the inside out, Oh what a blessing.
3 comments:
Without hardships and scars we'd never grow. It's hard to be thankful in the midst of trials, but they're for our own good.
I like listening to Adrian Rogers too. Most often, God uses the scars of our past to comfort others. I am thankful that whatever He allows - He will use for His glory.
Myriam
Great post! My scars are many but I hope I allow others to see them so that it might help. If I go through pain and don't let God use it - then I think it could be for nothing.
Post a Comment