November 19, 2008

My Daddy

I don't know where you are all at tonight but my heart is with my dad tonight. I am a daddy's girl and I am glad to be that. My dad lost his job a few weeks back and I am just praying that he will remain strong and that GOD would bring about the job that he needs. God knows my parents needs better than I do. My dad visited with me last weekend and it was a time of just being with my dad. It was so special and I had a great time. My time with my dad brought some memories back that brought a smile to my heart. I remember when I was a little girl and I would always want to talk to my dad. I could tell him anything and he knew my heart better than anyone. I made some mistakes and said things as a teenager that I wish I could take back but life goes on. My dad has always supported me and has been one without even saying a word. He is a true man of GOD. God has done some awesome things in his life but that is his story to tell. I will say this that my dad has had his journey with GOD and it has always inspired me. This does not mean that I don't love my mom because I do but my relationship with my dad is special.
Something that GOD is teaching me again is to just trust him. Even though I think that my dad is near perfect ok HE IS NOT but my heavenly FATHER IS and he knows my heart and me better than that. He is speaking to me lately about just trusting him not for any other reason but because he is GOD. I read Psalm 62: 8 and it spoke to me. It is what I am holding on to.

Psalm 62: 8
Trust in him at all times ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us.



1 comment:

Sheryl said...

oh how special laura! what a tribute to your dad. he must be so proud of the person you are.

love ya,
~sheryl