Good morning!
Its 10a on Friday and the LORD really spoke to me this morning. My time with him was sweet and again the struggle that I am having when it comes to my weight is here again. Its something that I have been dealing with and then it hit me that is the whole issue. Again, I placed the focus upon myself instead of not allowing GOD to be the one to deal with things. It may seem simple to some but again God is calling me today to be real and honest before him. Do I really want that food more than him? Is there anything I want more than GOD? Now, I could be self-righteours in my response and say well no. However, I know that anytime I go to anything else beside God to fill me well I am using it as an idol, a fake GOD. Now, those words really hit me right between the eyes. God is GOD and he demands my 100% devotion so again I lay before my LORD and release everything that I may be holding back to him. So, my focus is today is to be real before him, seek him with a heart that is totally devoted to him. Keep him the main thing. No matter what is going on around me, I will trust in him. Do I know or understand the plans? Oh know but what I do know is that my GOD is bigger than the struggle, he is bigger than anything.
So, today I am in the WORD. I am not just reading it but I want him and his WORD to change every part of me. My focus today is Psalm 42. May his WORD not just be something I cross off a list but oh LORD engrave it on every area of my heart.
I am yours, I love you.
Psalm 42
As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?
3 My tears have been my food
day and night,
while men say to me all day long,
"Where is your God?"
4 These things I remember
as I pour out my soul:
how I used to go with the multitude,
leading the procession to the house of God,
with shouts of joy and thanksgiving
among the festive throng.
5 Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and 6 my God.
My soul is downcast within me;
therefore I will remember you
from the land of the Jordan,
the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.
7 Deep calls to deep
in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
have swept over me.
8 By day the LORD directs his love,
at night his song is with me—
a prayer to the God of my life.
9 I say to God my Rock,
"Why have you forgotten me?
Why must I go about mourning,
oppressed by the enemy?"
10 My bones suffer mortal agony
as my foes taunt me,
saying to me all day long,
"Where is your God?"
11 Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.
1 comment:
Great words, Laura! He needs to be and wants to be where we go first. But boy do we run to other things thinking they will satisfy. Good for you for being in His Word. He will satisfy. Praying for ya.
Love,
Sheryl (the other one, ha)
Post a Comment