September 7, 2008

The way things are

My heart today is full of God's peace and the only I know how to express it is that God has so revealed himself to me. I have been experiencing a struggle with an issue that I have been trying to understand and get a grip on. Its something that I need to forgive and let God have total reign with. I have tried to understand in my mind and well since my mind is dense anyway how can I get it?
Today, though God awoke me early and really begin to speak to me. Through bible study and prayer I was reminded again what he is trying to teach me. He wants me to just believe him. This may sound easy but its not. There are issues that we all face and when I try to understand them or even try to fix them it just turns into a mess. What God again is teaching me is to just trust him and to accept things for what they are. There are situations that I can't change but my God can.
In sunday school, we are studying about Hannah and the struggle she faced for she wanted a child. I have not experienced this situation but we all know what it is like to want something and it not be and how hard this is. What God really spoke to me about today, Accept things for what they are and leave the work to God. Are things different because of this mindset? You bet, I don't have to carry the burden of trying to make everything right and good in my world. What I can do is pray and really cry out my heart to him. He knows my heart and he knows my heart even better than I can express.
So, when you accept things for what they are oh what peace.

The words to the song Resurrection by Nicol Spondberg are my heart today. Do I cry and do I hurt? You bet I do and I am today. But my God knows my heart and he loves me just the same.



I'm at a loss for words, there’’s nothing to say
I sit in silence wondering what led me to this place
How did my heart become so lifeless and cold
Where did the passion go?

When all my efforts seem like chasing wind
I'’ve used up all my strength and there’’s nothing left to give
I'’ve lost the feeling and I'’m down to the core
Can'’t fake it anymore

Here I am at the end I'’m in need of resurrection
Only you can take this empty shell and raise it from the dead
What I'’ve lost to the world what seems far beyond redemption
You can take the pieces in your hand and make me whole again

I'’m at a loss for words, there’’s nothing to say
I'’ve used up all my strength and there’’s nothing left to give
How did my heart become so lifeless and cold
Can'’t fake it anymore

Here I am once again I'’m in need of resurrection
Only you can take this empty shell and raise it from the dead
What I'’ve lost to the world what seems far beyond redemption
You can take the pieces in your hand and make me whole again

You can take the pieces in your hand and make me whole again

1 comment:

Becca and Dee said...

Sweet Laura. I think you and I have so much in common. When a trial is put before me, I normally spin out of control with the "what am I going to do?" type of questions. After an exhausted, moot effort, I then remember to just look up and say "I trust You, Lord. This one's Yours because I can't do anything with it." How much precious time and energy we would save if we would just remember to do that from the start.

Thanks for sharing your heart!!

Love you.....Rebecca