Hello to all! Its rainy and wet here but just felt the need to blog!
I will be honest in my words today. For those who know me, know that I love to laugh and have a good time. I love life! But today, I have the desire to be real before you all. I have been really struggling with lonliness and depression lately. OK, I have been dealing with it for years now. If you have never dealt with depression then you really can't know my heart with this.
I know all the right answers as well as those who deal with this. What God is teaching me again and again that he is enough. He is all I need. For me, I have tried to fill that spot with other things such as food, friendships, etc but the only one who can fill that place that is seeking to be filled is God alone! Even though I know the answer to sadness and depression what I can tell you my siestas is that of how much I need the LORD in every area of my life. Today, I am desperate for him and that is where I want to stay. I never want to get to the place that I think that I don't need him. So, right now, I ask you to get alone with him and seek him and his ways. Does doing this make everything ok? I don't know. What I do know is that my God is enough. Whatever is going on in your indvidual lives I ask you that you continue to hold on to our Father's hand. We may not know where we are going but thank his name we know who is holding our hand!
1 comment:
Hi Laura--found your blog via Beth's LPM blog. I can so relate to your post--I too, have struggled with depression and filling it with food, relationships, etc. God is good--He has brough me out--but there are times when I find myself slipping again. I have realized that the tendency to go down the slippery slope is a blessing--as it makes me rely in HIm more. God bless!
Post a Comment