I am in the midst of great changes and its a scary thing. At this stage in my life, I just want it to be real. I just want to be honest before you my sistas and others who may read this blog. Life is hard but at the end of it all GOD IS ALWAYS GOOD. I may not understand why things happen but I will say this until I say my last breath that I can always trust his heart. Just because God has been good to me does not mean I don't have struggles. In times past, I thought that i had to understand why things are happening but something that I am learning during this stage of my life is that All things are for his good. So all these struggles that we are enduring are for his glory. If the hardships or the struggles will bring glory to my LORD, how awesome is that? That God would choose to use me for his glory? I am not worthy but I thank him that he chooses to use me. There are people that i have met on this journey of the blog who have made a difference. I thank you all. I am proud to call you sistas as we all are on this journey together.
I am on the 4th week of the Bible Study by Kelly Minter and something last night really hit my heart. It was talking about Rachel and Leah and what happened when they looked for love instead in the LORD. Rachel had to see her sister have children with her husband who she loved and Leah knew she wasn't loved yet she did all she could to to loved. So often we look to things, people, money, food to fill that hole that only Christ wants to have. So the focus of my life right now is being honest and real. By doing so, I am asking God to bring to light any and all areas that are not under his lordship. I want him to fill me. I don't want to go to anyone but him to fill me. When I go to others or whatever I have chosen to fill me all it does is leave me empty. So sistas I just ask you to ask those hard questions who is really meeting your needs? Who is your comfort? These are the same questions that i am asking myself. The desire of my heart is to know Christ more itimately today than yesterday. I count it a privalege to be on this journey with you all.
I love ya.
1 comment:
Okay where did my original comment go? Very weird.
Anyway, great post Laura. You are right, we don't need to understand the why. And we can only pray that we allow Him to use our struggles to bring Him glory. I know you are. It is SO evident.
You are on your way sista!
love ya
-sheryl
Post a Comment